My husband loves taco meat. I have about 5 to 6 recipes with taco meat and this is the best! Check out my taco cornbread casserole, and let me know what you think.
- 1 package of cornbread/muffin mix.
- 3 cups of cooked taco seasoned meat.
- 1 (8 oz) cup of light sour cream.
- 1 cup of Colby Jack, cheddar or Mexican cheese, shredded and divided.
- ½ cup of chopped onion.
- 1 medium chopped tomato.
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- Prepare the cornbread in a large bowl according to the package instructions then spread it in an 8×8 sprayed pan.
- In a preheated oven to 350°, bake the cornbread for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, ¾ cup of cheese and onion.
- Spread the meat over the cornbread then top with the creamy mixture.
- Bake for 15 more minutes then sprinkle with tomato, lettuce and ¼ cup of cheese.
Simple, easy and cheesy! This is a whole meal! You don’t need any side dishes or salads. This will do. Give it a shot, it’s worth it.