A pie is a baked dish prepared with a casing of a pastry and filled with sweet or savory ingredients. Summer is the best season to enjoy citrusy refreshing sweet pies. Here I have an easy recipe of a pie you can enjoy with your family on a sunny day. The crust is made with graham crackers so you can avoid the headache of preparing a pastry. The filling is a lovely combination of cream cheese, lemon pudding, and lemonade concentrate. You may also add a pinch of grated lemon zest to give that extra zing to the dessert. It is perfect to end barbecue parties, picnics or house parties. You can even enjoy this dessert during afternoon tea. It is luscious, creamy and delicious. This dessert is light yet it has that buttery crust to balance the texture and flavors well with the cream cheese filling.
In case you do not want to make them in a pie crust, you can also serve a deconstructed version of this dessert in glass bowls. All you need to do is to serve the baked graham cracker crumbs at the bottom and top with the cream filling. Serve with some whipped topping and fresh mint sprigs. So versatile !
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (6-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 (16-ounce) carton Cool Whip
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cake batter according to the directions given in the package.
- Divide the cake batter into two round cake pans.
- Bake the cakes set aside to cool.
- Mix the pudding according to the directions given in the package. Refrigerate.
- Cut one layer of cake into small chunks; put in a punch bowl.
- Spread half of the pudding on top; then add half of the pineapple and 1 package of strawberries.
- Slice one banana on top; add1/2 carton of Cool Whip, spreading to cover completely.
- Repeat with the other layer ending with Cool Whip.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator overnight so that the strawberries will thaw and their juices will infuse the cake. Serve chilled.