“This is the crispiest, spiciest, homemade fried chicken I have ever tasted! It is equally good served hot or cold and has been a picnic favorite in my family for years.”
Southern Fried Chicken – classic Southern chicken recipe that is crunchy and crusty on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside; infused with spices and seasonings and soaked in buttermilk to amp its flavor. A great addition to your chicken recipe collection!
You don’t believe me? Check this blog and you’ll see a parade of chicken recipes that are always on top of my most searched recipes.
Let me walk you through the pleasure of eating this crispy, juicy fried chicken: You’ve got this glistening drumstick with a coating so full of crunchy ripples that it is hard to determine where to hold on. You decide fingertips are best for maneuvering this chicken from the plate to your mouth. As you bring it closer you can smell the spices — garlic, onion, pepper, and even the smoky paprika. That first bite is a real stunner. As you dig in, the crust cracks audibly and reveals juicy chicken that is as flavourful as that irresistible crust. You’ll taste the herbs that made that chicken so fragrant and enjoy a mouthful that is equal parts crispy and juicy. Pieces of the crispy coating fall away.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels and serve