So simple yet extremely rich, creamy and absolutely delicious! An unbelievably easy sour cream chicken enchilada casserole.
Recipe Tips for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
I have clarified the instructions a provided a more step by step instructions that will make it easier to get it perfect first time and every time.
The main differences in the various versions of this recipe was the amount of chicken.
The first time I did this recipe it was with 1 pound of chicken. It is quite acceptable, but I recommending 1 1/2 pound with a range of 1-2 pounds. We love meat here.
This is not spicy. Feel free to spice it up if you wish but this is Mexican for the whole family including the little ones as written.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. (1 cup) sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2-3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray a 13×9 dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, chiles, onion, garlic, and pepper.
- Line bottom of 13×9 with 6 tortillas.
- Sprinkle with 3 cups of chicken and pour 1/2 sauce over top and spread to cover.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Repeat. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 – 15 minutes before serving.