The best and easiest way to roast potatoes with garlic and ranch. After this, you’ll never want to roast potatoes any other way!
Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest. These baked ranch potatoes have just 4 ingredients and they’re perfect for dinner; whether it’s for the fam or a party!
My Mother thought up this recipe and baked it for us on our last visit to California. It seems like every time we visit, I come home with new recipes. I love it! Even my son found these cheesy potatoes hard to resist and he doesn’t usually like potatoes. Family approved
TIP: Potatoes are hard to get cooked through all the way in the oven, so to make sure they are plenty hot, I simmer them in salted water until they’re starting to soften, but they’re not quite all the way cooked.
Then they get mixed with mayonnaise, cream cheese, and a packet of Ranch seasoning. I toss in some cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon along with some very finely chopped onion. (Don’t chop it too big or it will be crunchy.)
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
How To Make It
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan. Add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook about 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender, then drain.
- Place drained potatoes into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the soup, milk, salad dressing mix, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper to taste; pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.