Mashed potatoes baked into puffs in a muffin pan with sour cream, cheese, and bacon! A great and delicious way to use up leftovers!
This poppable hors d’oeuvres are like a fancier version of tater tots. Made with creamy mashed potatoes (you can use leftover mashed potatoes) and fried until crisp and golden on the outside, these melt-in-your-mouth Potato Puffs will be the hit of any party. Kids will love dunking them in ketchup, adults will love eating them drizzled with truffle oil and sprinkled with rosemary. (They also happen to pair perfectly with Prosecco.) Serve Potato Puffs piping hot, straight out of the fryer, because they will deflate a bit after sitting out for a while. And be sure to make plenty of puffs to go around because they tend to go fast!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream (optional extra for serving)
- 1 heaping cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease with butter 8 – 9 of the wells of a nonstick muffin pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs then mix in the sour cream. Stir in both kinds of cheese and the chives. Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spoon them into the pan filling the cups to slightly below the top.
- Bake 25- 35 minutes until they pull away from the sides of the cup and are golden brown. Remove from oven and let them cool 5 minutes in pan. Serve with sour cream if desired