This is a really easy dessert to make. If you love peanut butter you will love this! It is super-rich and sure to please a crowd. I still have people talking about this dessert since the last time I made it. I hope y’all enjoy it too!
I saw this recipe on facebook and when I went to make it, I noticed some of the measurements didn’t make sense, so I came up with my own version. I think this is called an icebox cake, not exactly sure. But there is no baking and it spends 12 hours in the fridge before you can cut it. Well, it’s worth the wait for sure, and perfect for summertime! And as an extra bonus, I cut lots of calories and fat.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 box chocolate graham crackers
- 2 – 3 1/4 oz. packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 C milk
- 1 – 8 oz. contain Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp white corn syrup
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Place one layer of graham crackers on the bottom, cutting to completely cover the bottom.
- In mixing bowl mix the pudding, peanut butter and milk with electric mixer. Mix for 2 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread half the pudding mix on top of the first layer of crackers. Place a second layer of graham crackers on top. Spoon the remaining pudding mix on 2nd layer of crackers. Finish with a third layer of graham crackers.
- Spread frosting on top of the last layer of graham crackers all the way to the edge. Place in the fridge overnight so that the crackers become soft and moist.
- Slice and serve. Garnish with peanut butter cups if desired.
- In small mixer bowl combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- This pic looks like they may have used chocolate graham crackers instead of the original flavor.