These Mini Corn Dogs are super easy and fun to make! A delicious little treat on a stick, these are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser no matter the occasion!
My kids and Grandkids loved these corn dogs, said they were the best they have ever had. I really liked them too, they didn’t seem as greasy as a lot I have tried. Fast and easy recipe too. Had all ingredients in the house, I was really surprised when I found out that I had everything to make homemade corndogs on hand. I substituted honey for the sugar and skipped the black pepper and they turned out great. I made some fresh lemonade to go with it. Perfect!
I give them 5 stars because they took care of my corn dog craving and they can be great little party snacks served with regular or different types of mustards. Just use cocktail wieners or cut your hot dogs in half for appetizers. One way I got the batter to stay on better was to dip the hot dog in a little egg. Some of the batter still slid back into the bowl, but it wasn’t too bad. These corn dogs actually looked like something from the fairs at home and they tasted pretty good too. Word of advice, I accidently salted a couple of them since I always salt things after frying. It was too salty and took the corn dog flavor away.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or 1/4 cup butter + 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (regular milk is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites
- 1- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine butter and sugar in a bowl, and whisk to combine. Add eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
- 2- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Whisk into wet ingredients in two batches.
- 3- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
- 4- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.