Trying to keep the carbs down is hard, especially on the go. The easiest way to make sure of your crab count is to just make the food yourself. There are bars and baked goods that will help but just in case you are in a skillet mood, Low Carb Crack Slaw Recipe is here. This slaw is in cabbage only, it’s actually predominately meat and seasonings. The cabbage adds the crunch with out the carb numbers. It is unfortunate but must be done to stay on target and on diet. This meal is sure a tasty way to do so here.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
(CUT IN HALF FOR SINGLE BATCH)
- 2 lbs. Ground beef or turkey (your choice on meat)
- 2 bags Dole (or other brand) Classic Cole Slaw Mix
- 4 Green Onion
- 3 tsp minced garlic (I used real garlic and cut up just a few slices, adjust to taste)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (I used light soy sauce to taste, doesn’t have to be exact)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- *Optional add a single serve packet of splenda. I did not but see that some do.
- Ground hamburger in pan as you normally would.
- In separate pan I put sesame oil, soy sauce, chopped up green onion and chopped up garlic together and stir fried it until tender. I then added the cabbage (cole slaw mix) , crushed red pepper and ground ginger and cooked until mostly tender, it still had a slight crunch to it which I prefer over super soft cabbage. Once that was done I drained the excess fat off of the hamburger and added it to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and stirred. I did add a touch more soy sauce for flavor but not much. Turned out awesome. The hubby and son loved it. Low carb, moderate fat and moderate protein, perfect!
Nutrition info is approx. based on the brands, type of meat and amounts of foods you use. Our approximate nutritional info is below. Please make sure and do measurements for your particular serving sizes.
Servings: We split the batch up into 10 servings. Below is based on 10 servings of large batch above.
I will be making this again soon and measuring the servings by the cup for more accurate nutrition info and will post an update when I do.
Calories per serving 116.6
Fat Per Serving 13.2g
Carbs Per Serving 2.85g (Net Carbs 1.95g)
Fiber per serving 0.9g
Protein per serving 8.4g