What is a pimento cheese sandwich?
One of the simplest and most popular ways to serve pimento cheese is in a sandwich.
Southern Pimento Cheese Recipe – A staple spread in Southern home and parties, pimento cheese is a classic! Made with cheddar cheese, pimentos, and a secret ingredient, this pimento cheese recipe is always a hit!
Want to learn How to Make Pimento Cheese? You’ve come to the right place! This Homemade Pimento Cheese recipe is bold and full of flavor. The classic Southern spread is perfect to serve at parties, and of course, it makes an amazing Pimento Cheese Sandwich. With tasty Colby cheese and sweet Pimento peppers, this is the Best Pimento Cheese recipe out there!
Here’s my own family recipe for pimento cheese — the classic recipe we Southerners love.
At The Varsity in Atlanta, it’s even used as a burger topping.
Every good southern woman should have a homemade Pimento cheese recipe in her back pocket! With the recipe from my grandmother’s recipe box and a few tests in the kitchen, I made some of the best we’ve ever had!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- With an electric mixer, mix the cheddar cheese and cream cheese together. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the mayo and mix.
- Add in the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and dry mustard. Stir everything together.
- Mix in the pimentos.
- Refrigerate for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.