3 Cups flour
1/4 Cup sugar
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
1/3 Cup shortening
1 1/2 Cup milk
4-5 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Cups brown sugar
3/4 Cup butter softened
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and shortening with your hands.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg and milk.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the liquid ingredients in and mix together with a spoon.
- Once it’s mixed put on a floured countertop.
- Roll to to 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Spread softened butter over the top.
- Cover butter with brown sugar and sprinkle cinnamon over top, if you need to use more then the suggested cinnamon that’s ok.
- Roll dough up tight.
- Cut approximately 1/2 inch thickness and place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 for for 12-15 minutes. Cool on rack.