Jan Burch – Oh this is a good one! I make this one a lot. People just rave about it & always ask for the recipe for the “dressing”. So simple but so delicious! Thanks for posting. This one is family tested & approved!
Rose Selvar – This is definitely a recipe to keep and go back to often. A great tasting fruit salad. That’s my opinion but don’t take my word for it. Make it yourself and you will really be convinced. It goes together pretty quickly and tastes GREAT. Definitely a five star recipe and blue ribbon worthy.
– I made this today. Oh my, is this good! I just made it so it will not be chilled enough to have after dinner tonight; but I did taste it and it’s awesome BEFORE being chilled so I can only imagine how much better it will be tomorrow.
I used one 20 oz can of pineapple chunks in their own juice, the pudding mix, a can of mandarin orange sections, strawberries and grapes. I did not add banana because of the “browning” factor.
I see that the author of this recipe put what looks like blueberries in her bowl for the main picture above. That adds another nice color and flavor. I’m sure this would be good with almost any fruits added.
Susan Oliver -This sounds really good. I’m going to try it with sugar-free jello … My fruit salad recipe consists of whatever fruit you’d like to use and mix in a can of peach pie filling to make the syrup. I leave it over night to make it really good but the down side is it’s not sugar-free (other than the natural sugar from the fruit).
Ellen Fourroux – This is a great fruit salad because it is loaded with summer fruits and no melon as a fill in. The pudding makes it just perfect for flavor! I made it for a home party and there wasn’t a bit left! A Keeper!
Tammy T – Love this recipe! Pinched! A hint that I do when using fresh bananas in recipes, I cut them in a bowl first and add some fresh lemon and mix, then drain them and then add them to the recipe. it will slow down the browning.
This is definitely a recipe to keep and go back to often. A great tasting fruit salad. That’s my opinion but don’t take my word for it. Make it yourself and you will really be convinced. It goes together pretty quickly and tastes GREAT. Definitely a five star recipe and blue ribbon worthy.
- 1 can(s) pineapple chunks, in their own juice
- 1 can(s) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 bunchgreen grapes, halved
- 2 bananas
- 1 pkg strawberries, sliced however you want
- 1 boxsmall box of vanilla instant pudding (jell-o brand only – others just don’t taste right)
- 1 you can also add other fruits that you like to this as you please.
- Pour the pineapple, juice and all into a bowl. Add the pudding mix and stir until creamy. Stir in the DRAINED mandarin oranges. Add additional fruit and stir in completely until covered and creamy.
- Refrigerate the salad for a while until it is nice and chilled. Don’t let it sit to long or the banana’s will turn brown. You can also serve right after making this without chilling. Personally, it is much better chilled.