Crazy Crust Berry Pie – this easy berry pie recipe has a crazy crust that creates itself in the oven. It’s a cross between a pie and a cobbler!
People Will Be Eating Pie For Breakfast From All Over The Land Once They Get A Load Of This Recipe
My sister-in-law and her husband were coming to stay at our house for a visit. I was excited, but also a little nervous. She isn’t judgmental at all, but I always feel a little left out when she and my husband, her brother, get together. They have a very close relationship, and they have since they were young. It seems as though nobody is ever good enough for her baby bro, even though we have been married for nearly a decade. We don’t see them that often so maybe that’s why.
I had talked to her a bit about what they wanted to do as far as food went, just in case we had to make any reservations anywhere. She insisted that we didn’t go out, she wanted me to cook. Well, no pressure there is there. I was at a loss of what I was going to do. Casseroles? Grilling? Pot roast? And what about breakfast?
The breakfast pie I found on the web while anxiously looking around online for the answers put my mind at ease, at least a little bit. It looked and sounded amazing, so I figured it would be good enough for the occasion. It didn’t sound all that hard to make either so that was a bonus. We had to wait and see.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 C. flour
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 C. milk
- 1 egg
- 1- 21 oz. can fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry, etc.)
- Sugar (or cinnamon-sugar)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk, and egg. Beat well.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 9″ pie plate.
- Pour pie filling into the center of batter (to 1″ of edge). Sprinkle with sugar (if apple or peach is used, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar). Do not stir.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until brown and dough is done. Makes 6 servings.