This recipe is a combination of a banana cheesecake and a cream pie. . .because the custard is enveloped with whipped heavy cream and smothers the top of the banana cheesecake. This cheesecake is a show-stopper.
The time-consuming part is that fact that there is waiting time between baking, chilling, chilling again and oh yea, chilling again! Lets just say that I have been wanting to make this for over a year and now that I have. . .I can’t wait to entertain again so that I have an excuse to make this again! This cheesecake makes a *lotand the flavor, along with the creamy texture, is out of this world! =D BTW, I found this recipe from a lady on Grouprecipes.com way back when. I had to change it a little to make everything work.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 20 nilla wafers
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup mashed bananas (about 2)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place wafers in a blender or in a food process. Blend until finely crushed.
- Add melted butter and blend well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10″ pan and place in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and cornstarch. beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200°F continue baking 75 minutes
- Cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.